So for the past few days I’ve been mulling about what exactly determines your follower base on Twitter..
Is it predominantly the topis you tweet about? For e.g: Marketing, Leadership, Social Media
Is it your online brand image?
Is it your offline brand image?
is it your Profile description on Twitter?
Is it your Twitter profile photo ?
Is it the quality (read as relevant and valuable information) of your tweets?
Is it the quantify (read as frequency) of your Twitter activity?
Is it having some Twitter activity every single day?
Is it a complex equation with all of the variables above?
What’s your view? Leave a comment to let me know
As I did my research for the Women’s Day Series, I was surprised to find the number of lists on Women on Twitter… I am yet to create my own list and it will take some time since I have just become active on Twitter. Nevertheless, I have compiled all the useful and interesting links I found about Women on Twitter…
Hope you find this compilation useful!
The Nifty Top 50 Women on Twitter @ http://webbiquity.com/social-media-marketing/the-nifty-50-top-women-of-twitter-for-2011/
Twitters Top 75 Badass Women @ http://www.bitrebels.com/social/twitter%E2%80%99s-top-75-badass-women/ Top
Business Women to Follow on Twitter @ http://www.mba-online-program.com/top-women-to-follow-on-twitter 8/
Extraordinary Women to Follow on Twitter @ http://www.8womendream.com/27075/more-8-women-dreamers-on-twitter/
18 Funny Women you should be following on Twitter @ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/23/18-funny-women-on-twitter_n_1224751.html & http://holykaw.alltop.com/18-funny-women-to-follow-on-twitter
20 Inspiring Young Female Founders to Follow on Twitter @ http://www.forbes.com/sites/meghancasserly/2012/02/10/20-inspiring-young-female-founders-to-follow-on-twitter/
8 Women to Follow on Twitter @ http://businessontwitter.co.uk/twitter/2011/03/international-womens-day-8-women-to-follow-on-twitter/
Top 20 Business Women to Follow on Twitter @ http://www.forbes.com/sites/work-in-progress/2010/10/06/womanzworld-top-20-business-women-to-follow-on-twitter/
People you should follow on Twitter @ http://www.cosmopolitan.com/advice/people-you-should-follow-on-twitter
The Listorious 140 Twitterers : The Most Listed People on Twitter @ http://listorious.com/top/listed
The Most Powerful Twitter Users @ http://tweet.grader.com/top/users
The First 99 People to Follow on Twitter @ http://technmarketing.com/2010/08/the-first-99-people-to-follow-on-twitter/
The content life cycle typically consists of the following stages
 Content Creation,
 Content Review
 Content Approval
 Content Publishing
 Content Distribution
 Content Consumption
 Content Modification
 Content Archival
 Content Retirement
Typically, each of these stages has different owners, different activities, different costs, different entry and exit points, different tools, different revenue models, different actors, different end-users, etc.
On Twitter, the content life cycle is significantly different in comparison…..
1) A single tweet by a user is a combination of Content Creation, self-review of the Content, self-Approval of the Content and self-publishing of the content
2) Content Distribution is done on Twitter itself when a tweet is published
3) By virtue of the followers / Re-tweets on Twitter, Content Consumption is also done on Twitter itself
4) Content Modification is possible by the Content Creator / Content Consumer by adding / enhancing and editing the original content as a new tweet
5) Content Archival and Retirement is again the responsibility of the Content Creator. In the long run, this can be a challenging ordeal if one has not thought about the primary objective of Twitter usage and structured their tweets accordingly..
• Twitter is the medium that is used for all these stages of the content life cycle & hence completely transformed the content life cycle
• In the long run, individuals / enterprises which are able to define monetization strategies around this new content life cycle will have a competitive edge
Why there is so much observation, focus and attention given to the number of followers one has on Twitter?
The more followers you have – the more elevated is your social status – both in the real world and the online world…..
Is it because it makes you happy?
Is it because it makes you proud?
Is it because it makes you feel good?
Is it because it increases your visibility?
Is it because it is a personal achievement?
Is it because it makes you feel like a mini-celebrity?
Is it because it gives you a wider reach for your expressions?
Is it because they have the potential to make you a celebrity?
Is it because it improves your networking? – Personal & Professional
Is it because it enables you to create, manage and enhance your personal brand?
Would it not suffice if you have a select set of followers (however small) who really value your tweets and you are able to create an impact on their thoughts, on their decisions on their life?