If you have a corporate job, you’ll agree that meetings are a core part of your everyday work routine. And yet, I can count on my fingers the number of times I stepped out of a meeting feeling that it was a completely productive use of time. The thing about meetings is that they are a ‘necessary evil’, You need to discuss, interact with people you work with to get things done, but how effective are you when you meet your team is what truly counts
In my experience, a few things really are critical to the success of a meeting
- 1) Creating an Agenda with clear objectives on what you want to achieve / decide by the end of it
- 2) Sticking to the Agenda and moderating the meeting effectively
- 3) Managing ‘meeting time’ effectively – Starting on time, Ending on time
- 4) Having the right audience for the meeting
- 5) Leaving ‘emotions / ego’ before entering a meeting
- 6) Keeping it professional; and not personal views / differences come in between
When I chair a meeting at work, I try to follow the above best practices.
So when I came across this interesting infographic on all about Meetings, I could not help but share it here on my blog.
What are your experiences with work related meetings? Leave a comment to let me know
Connect with me on Nischala’s Social World
Columnist : Huffingtonpost India | Business2Community | WomensWeb | Sheroes India | PeopleMatters | YoWoTo | 12Most.com | Parentous
Blog : Nischala’s Space, Thoughts, Expressions [Featured in Directory of Best Indian Blogs, Alltop]
Twitter : @nimu9 [Featured among Sheroes 20 Must Follow Indian Women on Twitter (2014) , 50 Indian Women to follow on Twitter(2012)]